Thursday 17 November 2011

Should I make S.E a webcomic or tradional?

So one thing I've thought about is whether or not I release this as a webcomic or if I would do it in a more tradtional way. With the success of handheld multimedia devices like the ipad, everything from books to boardgames are being transformed into digital for this new era of ipad technology. I personally love my Ipod touch. It rules. I can go to the app store and download anything I want. And with the emergence of microtransations its a really profitable market as well. But I find it really refreshing and meditative to take a break from all this new crazy awesome digital crap and go outside and read a book in the sun. Ya know? Like they used to do in the good old days. And I think after this wave of media digitalization has swept through, people will go back to old formats. Because not only can they take a break and get lost in a good read, they can take a break from a fucking computer screen.

So I'm pretty keen to create this comic traditionally as a book because it is a format I have come to understand and I believe it works perfectly fine. In saying that, there are some really awesome and inventive webcomics out there where the creator has taken advantage of the computer screen. Comics definately are evolving. Here are some really cool webcomics:

(aaaaah the comic I wanted to show wont load)...fail (will put up later)


Here is a talk by Scott mcCloud, a comicbook artist who has also written some amazingly helpful books called 'Understanding Comics' and 'Making Comics'. They are honestly a must if you wanna learn about all there is to learn about comics. He's really open minded about the artform and has experience as a professional comic book artist. A real GC. Check out his talk he does for ted.com

No comments:

Post a Comment